Welcome to the Hot Mess Express! ALL ABOARD!
Over the past couple of weeks I have been racking my brain about how to introduce myself. Do I write an open letter? Do I write a lovely sonnet? Do I rap? The answer is..heck no! However, lists never fail. They can be straight to the point, and give you all of the information you need in order to figure out what you like or want. So, lets start with some beginner knowledge about me.
- My third eye is my camera. I have always enjoyed keeping moments close to me. I was able to shoot a wedding at a St Louis treasure, The City Museum, where there were costumes, pin wheels, pinatas, and loads of dancing. It was a night to remember! The most wonderful shot I have taken so far is a picture of my new nephew! PRESH!
- I bleed purple. Yes, I am apart of the Purple Army. The Prince Army that is. There is no room in my home that doesn’t have Prince somewhere in it. Do you want to listen to a Prince record, I got it! Do you want a miniature replica of the Love Symbol guitar, I got it and you can’t have it! My heart broke the day I found out he died. I tried 5 times to go to a concert with no luck, and since his death I have learned that you must seize the day. I missed my opportunity, and I won’t let that happen again.
- Where my KNITTAS at? Knitting is one of my favorite pastimes? If you are looking to stay warm during the apocalypse, you better get at me now so that you can have your item by then. It was something I picked up in college, and I must say it is quite the relaxing hobby. What’s my favorite item I have knitted you ask? A pair of finger-less mittens, with a hood for your fingers and thumb!
- I started my natural hair journey 4 years ago. I still have no idea what I’m doing. I am still in my product junkie phase (which is tons of fun, but expensive). As much as a pain in the tuchus being natural has been, it has also been quite rewarding. There’s nothing like waking up to a nice head of somewhat curls in the morning.
- Revenge of the nerd. I must say, I have rolled a D-20 once. It was a magical moment. Each year I go to a St. Louis comic-con called ARCHON. It is probably one of the most exciting things I do all year. I went as Micchon this year, Toad from Mario Bros last year, and 2 years before that I went as a naked Spaceball. You want to talk about Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Ark, Final Fantasy, let’s do it.
Needless to say, I run the gamut when it comes to interest and hobbies. I enjoy trying new things, even if it’s one time. Life has shown itself to be to short, and I am trying really hard to make the most of it. It’s hard at times to be honest. However, gotta stay positive! Right!? Take me as I am, because that’s all I have to give (except I do have cake).
Talk to you later!!